Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week in Review and Upcoming Activities

Last Friday there was a hot air balloon festival held on the field behind our house. There were hot air balloons, bands, crafts, a children's area, and much more. The band stage was set up in the cul-de-sac right at the back of our house. On Friday afternoon the band was practicing and they sounded very good, but it was also very loud. I think the animals that hang out in the brush behind our house made their way to our backyard. This little one was hovering by our pool. I was on our deck and he just stayed there nibbling on grass. I think he felt safe there. Our dog was also not feeling so good with the noise. He kept trying to get out of our backyard. He would go to the gate and try to get out and then end up getting stuck. I stayed on the deck awhile to try and calm him. Eventually he decided everything was okay. It was really a nice event,especially being right behind the house. They had a great turn out on Friday night, but Saturday was rained out. They still had the craft booths up since they were under tents. Hopefully they will attempt this again in the future. The next few pictures were taken from my deck, so you can see how close everything was to our house.





I got tickled at the purple monster. I was doing dishes and looked out the window to see this wonderful face looking back at me. How funny!
This was such a wild week, with all the flooding that our area sustained. Everyone is trying to get things cleaned up. We worked at our church last night, cleaning and tearing carpet up. There is much to be done.
This weekend we are headed to my son's college. They are having family weekend. I am very excited about the whole weekend. There are alot of activities to choose from. We were supposed to go to Six Flags on Friday night, but they are closed due to the flooding. Alot of the rides were damaged, so now they have to be repaired and every ride has to undergo safety inspections. However, there is still alot of other activities available. I am hoping to get to sit in on the lecture given by an author of a book that I am reading. But, most of all, I am looking forward to spending some time with my son. We get to see him on Sundays, as we drive there to go to church with him. But this weekend we should get to spend more time together.
I wish everyone a wonderful weekend!
Kim



1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm glad you are getting to spend some time with Clint. I hope you have a good time at Six Flags.
I am going to take AShton to the Etowah Indian Mounds on a field trip tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

That balloon festival does look like fun. If they have it again, I think I'd like to take the kids.
We tried to go to War Between the States Day Saturday but it was rained out too.