Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sunday's Thoughts on Saturday

"And David spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." II Samuel 22: 1-4 KJV

THE BATTLE CRY OF FREEDOM

Yes, we'll rally round the flag, boys, we'll rally once again,
Shouting the battle cry of Freedom;
We will rally from the hillside, we'll gather from the plain,
Shouting the battle cry of Freedom!

We are springing to the call of our brothers gone before,
Shouting the battle cry of Freedom;
And we'll fill the vacant ranks with a million free men more,
Shouting the battle cry of Freedom!

CHORUS:
It's Freedom forever, Hurrah boys, Hurrah!
Down with the shackle and up with the star!
While we rally round the flag, boys, we'll rally once again,
Shouting the battle cry of Freedom!

George Frederick Root (1820-1895)
He composed this song after the outbreak of the Civil War.
A PATRIOT'S HANDBOOK Selected and Introduced by Caroline Kennedy

Have a blessed Lord's Day!
Kim

No comments: