The name was changed to the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1948 to mark the change from a trade school to a technical institute and research university.
This picture shows an interstate overpass that has been landscaped with overhangs, greenery, and benches. It has a very relaxing feel to be in midtown Atlanta. This area leads over to Tech Square, where there are classrooms, shops, restaurants, and the Georgia Tech Barnes and Noble.
This is Tech Tower, which was one of the two first buildings on campus. Tech Tower was constructed in 1888, along with a shop building.