Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bringing in The New Year

One of our family's big goals this year is to be better stewards of the money that God has entrusted to us. Recently, I have been couponing and I have to say, IT WORKS!!! Now, I am not couponing like I use to in the past, with one or two coupons here and there, but I researched some great sites on the web and couponing has now gone to the next level. It takes a little time to get in the groove to use coupons to one's best advantage, but I think I am getting closer on that end. This is making all shopping so much more fun. I finally feel like I am winning in not only the grocery game, but the clothes shopping, gift shopping, etc. It takes some work, but I feel that is my job as the main shopper of the house--to be on the winning side of this game! Food Lion had a sale on chicken and cereal, so I headed out with coupons in hand to take advantage of a few sales. Also, as part of my 365 project, I added photos of my shopping journey:)

This is not a great picture of my receipt, but I ended up with about 50% savings today. I had a total savings of $42.56. My total out of pocket with tax was $44.99. I had a $1.00 coupon on Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix and Food Lion had it on sale for $1.00 a box!! Also, they had their store brand hot chocolate mix on sale for .89 cents and I had a coupon for $2.00 off of 2 boxes, so I actually had overage on this!! I had to pick up some dog and cat food that I didn't have coupons on, so the freebie and the overages helped on that end.


I really hope to get that percentage of savings up. I am learning to shop with a different mindset, to stockpile and make my menus from my pantry. It is overwhelming at times, but it is also alot of fun to see how much I can save!


Kim

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love couponing. It makes the money stretch so much farther.