Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eat From The Pantry Challenge, CVS Savings

I apologize for the very fuzzy picture, but I want to show my CVS savings from this week. I was able to get Listerine Mouthwash, 2 boxes of Imodium, 2 bottles of nail polish, lip gloss, 2 compartments of eye shadow, and makeup foundation, all for $14.96 out of pocket. It should have been even less, as I noticed later that one of the nail polish bottles didn't ring up as discounted. Lesson learned, keep better track of it while checking out, but even so, it was a really good savings. This would have cost $62.05 without discounts and coupons! The make-up was 75% off and I had coupons for the Imodium. Also, if you bought 2 specific SC Johnson products you got the Listerine free ( $4.99 value ).

I also wanted to post my menu for this week of the pantry challenge. This is turning out to be a really great challenge. It challenges me to organize my pantry and freezer, but also to get a little creative with some meals.

Monday- Breakfast night- Scrambled eggs, bacon, chocolate chip muffins, juice, tea

Tuesday- My mother-in-law called and wanted to take us out to eat!!!

Wednesday- Vegetable beef soup in the crock-pot topped with shredded cheese, tea, water

Thursday- Spaghetti, garlic bread, green salad, tea, water

Friday- Homemade pizza, chips & salsa, tea, coke

Saturday- Chili in the crock-pot, crackers, tea, water

I will give my weekly grocery tally on Saturday. So far, this week has been good in the fact that most of the menu I was able to make from pantry/freezer items. I will be checking the sales to see what is at rock bottom prices and stocking up on those items, as well as getting some eggs and milk.

Have a super Thursday!

Kim

2 comments:

Pam said...

I'm trying to do more with coupons this year also. Great job on the savings!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love watching your progress! Keep up the good work.