Friday, February 5, 2010

Grocery Savings

Grocery savings are in the air!! I had a great trip to our local Bi-Lo today. They are having a great week of sales. When you team the sales up with some coupons, you are in for some wonderful savings. I didn't take a picture of everything that I bought, but the total for everything before taxes or coupons was $237.51. I paid, before taxes and after coupons, $92.65. I was very happy with that!! The above picture is of the items that I got totally free!! The Wet Ones were actually a money maker. They were on the BOGO and I had $1.50 coupon on each one.

After Bi-Lo, I ran into Wal-Mart for a few items. The Post-It Notes, pictured above, were bought at Wal-Mart. They were a money maker also. They were 50 cents and I had $1.00 coupons for them. At Wal-Mart, I was able to find some Zip-Lock containers that were on clearance and I also had coupons for them.

It was a good grocery day. I am glad, because I need to buy a new dryer as mine gave out last week. It is so cold and rainy, it is hard to hang dry alot of items, so I have been going to the laundromat to dry clothes. It hasn't been too bad, but the industrial dryers are a little rough on some of our clothes.

We are gearing up for our movie and pizza night. It's a good night for it, because the weather is cold and rainy. We might get a few snow flurries tonight. We have the hot chocolate going as I type. Woo-hoo!!

We are also gearing up for the Super Bowl. I just love watching it. I am going to try a new salsa recipe for the special event. A few years ago we camped at Disney World during the time of the Super Bowl and it was so much fun. Alot of the campers decorated their campsites for the team they were cheering for. We enjoyed that!

Have a wonderful Friday night!

Kim

3 comments:

Pam said...

Good job on the grocery deals. I am going to have to get some rainchecks and then get all my coupons together. I want to order some of the McCormick grinder coupons. I've never ordered coupons before, but I think I will give it a try. I love those things.

Sam said...

Wow! You did great at Bi-lo!
Honey, you really should come over to my house and use my dryer! Anytime! I will be home Mon, Wed, Thurs and Fri:-)

Tonia Sherrill said...

So glad you had a successful grocery day. I was telling Jeff last week that I missed the Thanksgiving grocery deals. Imagine my surprise when I saw the Wednesday flyers for Bi-Lo and Publix ~ Woohoo. That's the only way our pantry gets fully stocked.

Good luck with the dryer. Please let me know if we can help.