Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Reading Challenge 2009

I am joining the Spring Reading Challenge 2009 hosted by Susan at, http://asoutherndaydreamerreads.blogspot.com/2009/03/spring-reading-challenge-2009-sign-up.html. I am very excited about this. Having this bond of bloggers reading together is great. It gives the motivation to fit in time for reading. I love to read and in earlier years would read all the time. However, as children came along, and with other responsibilities ( which I love also!) there just seems very little time to read. But, a challenge like this seems to give me the push to carve out time for reading. I'm even thinking of making a special reading nook, maybe in the bedroom. I also think I will have a reading challenge with my boys. They read quite a bit, so a reading challenge would suite them fine. My list of books that I want to read during this challenge are:
The No Spin Zone-Bill O'Reilly
Emma-Jane Austen
Continue reading the Bible on the one year plan
Rocket Boys-Homer H. Hickam, Jr.
Laura, America's First Lady, First Mother-Antonia Felix
Brave New World-Aldous Huxley
George and Laura, Portrait of An American Marriage-Christopher Andersen
The Raising of A President-Doug Wead
All The Best, George Bush,My Life in Letters and Other Writings-George Bush
A Memoir, Barbara Bush-Barbara Bush
The Kennedy Women-Laurence Leamer
What Would Jackie Do?-Shelly Branch and Sue Callaway
The Hiding Place-Corrie Ten Boom

Well, I am off to do some reading! Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Kim

6 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Looks like a great list of books!

Susan

Pam said...

I should probably do this so I will remember all the books that different publishers keep sending me. : )
I am behind!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You have listed some books that sound very interesting. I'm heading to the library tomorrow.....

Sue said...

I found that with raising kids I didn't have as much time for reading either which is also something I love doing. Now, though I am able to read, read, and read some more so it is kind of nice!
Have fun with all that great reading!

RobinfromCA said...

I'm doing Susan's Spring Reading Challenge too so thought I would pop over to see how everyone is doing. You have some of my favorite books on your list. I got to visit The Hiding Place a couple of years ago. I hope you love that book as much as I do.

Robin

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

How did you do on your Spring Reading Challenge 2009? I have posted my list of what I read on my blog at http://asoutherndaydreamerreads.blogspot.com/ Post your results and link up your post with Mr Linky!

Starting Friday, June 26, I am going to start a new weekly post called Weekend Reading …. to answer the question“What are you reading this weekend/week? “

I will post the Summer Reading Challenge 2009 on Friday, June 19, 2009…….. so get your list ready!

~ Susan