Monday, February 9, 2009







I had the most wonderful time at my sisters' baby shower yesterday afternoon. I was able to visit with relatives that I haven't seen in quite some time. It made me realize that I need to remedy that situation! I know everyone is busy . Sometimes I think wow, we can't fit one more thing in; however, family is important. I intend to work this week on how to see extended family more often. I want my boys to know their relatives and have that connection. I truly believe that connection is so important to all of us, but especially to our children. When I was growing up, I remember spending Sunday afternoons at my grandmother's houses. At my Mamaw Willene's house we would play football ( I was the only girl cousin until my sister was born 13 years after me!), have water balloon fights, run and play crazy games. Then we would eat, play some more, and get ready for church that evening. Those were great memories. At my Mamaw Frances's house we would have the most wonderful egg hunts. She would invite the neighborhood kids and we had a blast! Maybe it is because I am getting older, I don't know, but I do know that even though my boys are teenagers I want to revive some of these memories for them.






Back to the shower.... My sis received some cute little outfits, wonderful baby care items, and some of her big ticket items also. This is their first baby and supposedly they are having a boy. I am most excited to be an aunt again. I have 4 nieces, 6 nephew's, 2 great-nieces,and 2 great-nephews. I am happy to add one more nephew to the mix! We are anxiously awaiting you little Marshall......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right, we need to remedy that situation. Enjoyed the time together Sunday and look forward to more visits in the very near future.
~Tonia