Wednesday, February 4, 2009







Wow!! It has been a busy week so far. We had a wonderful worship on Sunday, followed by a dinner and baby shower. The couple received some very nice gifts. Sunday evening we had a family from church over to watch the Super Bowl. It was so much fun. We laughed at the commercials, enjoyed good food, and just had a great time of fellowship. It just reminds me so much that our homes are to be used for hospitality. I want my home to be a place of firm foundations for my family. A place where we grow together, make traditions and memories together. I love the inspiration that I receive from other blogs about blessing the home. I think that is so important in this day and time. Alot of things can be uncertain, but having a family in a safe and loving environment is unbeatable. Of course, for all that to take place, God has to be at the head of that family and home. Proverbs 31 tell us so much about the running of our homes. It is an important job! Sometimes the laundry, dishes, and spills on the carpet can seem overwhelming, but I believe when we come back to the true purpose of what our homes are suppose to be and trust in God that He will see us through, then we begin blessing not only our homes, but our families as well.






I have started the book, HOMEKEEPING HANDBOOK, BY Martha Stewart, and I am really enjoying it! It is a large book. It covers topics about caring for everything in your homes. I really enjoyed the introduction, where she states why a book like this is important and how she came about putting this book together. I believe it is more of a resource to keep going back to instead of a "read straight through" book.






Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!



Kim






No comments: