Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday. Thanks to Susan, over at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2009/05/520-outdoor-wednesday-19.html, for hosting this. Be sure to check out all the Outdoor Wednesday posts. My flowers around my mailbox are finally blooming. I just love the color that they add to the mailbox area.
The next two pictures are of a bush near the back of our property. I do not know what this is, but it is so pretty among all the greenery. I really want to spruce up that area of the yard. We have our shed back there, along with an area for lawn mower storage and some other things. I've always thought it would be a good spot for a kind of "secret garden" area.




This is an area that my oldest son and I worked on last summer. We want it to be a nice relaxing spot. I am still working on a few things in this area. It does make a nice reading spot. I would like to add a cushion for the bench and something to create a nice walkway.




I hope you enjoyed my Outdoor Wednesday pictures. If you know what my "mystery bush" is or have suggestions for my "secret garden", I would sure love to hear them.
Have a great Wednesday!
Kim




5 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Your flowers are so lovely, and I agree, I love the yellow color in your mailbox area. And I love the pink color of the others. Lovely!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your pictures are lovely. The yellow is so cheerful that you can't help but feel happy. Have a wonderful day.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Ki,m! You have some beautiful flowers in your yard! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

SouthernGal said...

Love when things start to bloom! Thanks for sharing!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Pam said...

I don't know what the flowers are, but they are pretty. I'll come over and sit in your secret spot for you. : )
Congrats to Clint on his graduation!
(Can you tell I am behind on blogging?)