Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recipes

I wanted to share a recipe today from Mrs. H over at Heritage Schoolhouse. She shares some really great recipes on her blog. You can find her blog in my side bar. Just click and check out some of her wonderful recipes.

King Ranch Chicken
12 servings
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup1 cup chicken broth1 can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers2 tablespoons butter
1/2 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
18 corn tortillas3 cups cooked, diced chicken8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder1 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine soups, broth and tomatoes. Set aside. Saute onion and pepper in butter until tender. Lightly grease a casserole dish. Layer 6 tortillas, 1/3 of the chicken, 1/3 of the onion and bell pepper and 1/3 of the cheese in the casserole dish. Pour 1/3 of the soup mixture over layers. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle with chili powder and garlic salt and bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!

I have made this for my family and they loved it!!

Have a super Thursday!

Kim

1 comment:

Pam said...

I found this recipe on another friend's blog last week. I was excited! (It doesn't take much to excite me.)
Are you all going to participate in Chea's 4-H program next year?