Friday, May 1, 2009

Recipes

Today I would like to share a couple of recipes from my Gooseberry Patch calendar. I just love Gooseberry Patch! I have not tried these recipes yet, but I'm thinking about using them this weekend.

Mom's Marvelous Meatloaf
3/4 c. bread crumbs
3/4 c. milk
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 T. salt
1 T. pepper
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. catsup
1 T. mustard
2 T. brown sugar, packed
Combine bread crumbs and milk in a large bowl; add next 5 ingredients, mixing well. Place in an ungreased 9"x5" loaf pan; set aside. Stir catsup, mustard and sugar together; spoon over meatloaf. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Baked Potato Salad
6 to 8 potatoes, cooked and cubed
1/2 to 1 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1-1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 onion, chopped
1 c. mayonnaise-type salad dressing
Combine potatoes, bacon, half the cheese, onion and enough salad dressing to moisten; mix well. Spread into a greased 9"x9" baking pan; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 30 to 35 minutes. Serves 8 to 10.

Enjoy!
Kim

1 comment:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Sounds like you've put together a great meal. Thanks for sharing these recipes. I find I usually have a good meal when I look through my Gooseberry books.