Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday

It's Outdoor Wednesday time! Thank you to Susan, over at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2009/05/526-outdoor-wednesday-20.html for hosting this each week. Be sure to check out all the Outdoor Wednesday posts. I thought for this week I would share pictures from a Civil War reenactment that we went to in September. It was The Battle of Chickamauga. We got to hear former Vice-President Cheney speak. One of his relatives fought in this battle, so he has some special ties to the reenactment. I just love the ladies in the picture below.
The battle has begun!

Former Vice-President Cheney speaks to the crowd. I really enjoyed hearing him. The security was super tight for this part of the event.


This guy just did an amazing job! He looks so much like Abe! He did a talk for the children which was wonderful.




This was such a fun event for us. My brother participates in reenactments when he can. I want to make sure that we attend more. It is such a wonderful learning experience.
I hope you enjoyed my reenactment pictures! Have a super Wednesday!
Kim




5 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I've been to a battle that took place in Florida (there weren't many), and it was equally interesting. I was fascinated by the camp setups even more than watching the actual battle. My great great grandfather fought in Tennessee, but I can't remember what battle... supposedly one of the worst of the war.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Kim! I love your post! I enjoy Civil War history. Looks like a great day! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Pam said...

I wish we could have attended this. I can't remember why we didn't go, but there was a reason at the time. : )

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful event. I'll bet you had a fabulous time.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
What a great OW post...thanks you for sharing. I want to express my thanks for you sweet comment you made way back about 2 months ago on my Ow. It was my Teacup birdfeeder I made and the photo of it showing the wren in the teacup. Shortly after the post...my computer went out. Now it fix and running new. thanks again...Smiles and Hugs..Katherinellen